Garage Door Repair
Dedicated Garage Door Service Professionals
If your garage door won’t open and is stuck in the closed or open position, we have some trouble shooting tips for you, before you panic…
- Check the Battery – Garage doors are frequently opened by a mounted keypad or the remote operator. Before you think the worst, check that the trouble isn’t just because the battery died in these devices – which happens quite often.
- Be sure the Unit has Power – Maybe the kids were rough housing in the garage or a breaker went out, if there is no power to the garage there is no power going to your electric garage door opener.
- Is your Opener Locked? – Garage door openers have a lock button and it’s possible that could be the issue preventing your door from opening or closing. Usually a light will flicker, just hold the button down on the remote and see if that is your fix.
- Sensor Issue – For personal safety and property safety reasons, most garage doors now have sensors. If they are not aligned or have something blocking them the garage door will not move as you expect. Be sure that both sensors are lined up with each other, there is nothing in the way and they are clean.
- Wires – Check to be sure wires are connected, not chewed or damaged. There are wires for the sensors and the main garage door unit.
Professionally Fixing Garage Doors
If you have checked off the list above and tried everything you can think of, with no luck or just have no clue what you’re doing, contact our garage service professionals. We are happy to help you and because this is our field of expertise, we can efficiently determine the exact cause and fix the issue, getting you back to your usual day.
The Many Parts of a Garage Door that Commonly Needs Fixing or Replacement:
- Springs – There are extension springs and torsion springs and chances are they will break on you at some point. They commonly break because they’re used so often and are required to balance the weight of the door – at each click of the button or press of the key.
- Cables or Wire Rope – These are the metal lines that actually attach all the way down to the bottom of the garage door, on either side. If these cables are broken you may have a potentially very dangerous situation on your hands. It is critical that the very thing holding all the weight of the garage door is stable and in good condition and we can help with that.
- Rollers – The rollers of a garage door allow the door to glide up and down, with little friction. When they get worn it’s best to replace them to ensure extra strain is not put on other parts of the garage door system.
- The Entire Garage Door Opening System – We have a number of troubleshooting steps for the garage door opening system, in the event those efforts have been exhausted it may come time to install a brand new garage door opener. A garage door opening system’s performance life is around 10 years, if you’re reaching that number it might make sense to replace your current opener, in good efforts to dodge more hassles in the near future.
Professional Garage Door Repair Service Minnesota
There’s a lot that can go wrong with a garage door and all its moving parts but our garage repair technicians can make it right. Though many do not realize it, a garage door is quite a lot of weight hanging over your head, it’s in everyone’s best interest to ensure that it is secure. We confirm every important aspect of your garage door is working well when we come out to your property by performing a comprehensive safety check, for every job completed. Contact the Garage Door Repair Company for any of your garage service needs if you are in the St. Paul or Minneapolis, MN area.
Our garage door repair services experts can be reached at 612-886-9606, call anytime!