They say that there’s no such thing as a bad question. Such is the case with professional garage door repair. If all our clients were experts, we would never get a phone call. So when you contact a Garage Door Repair Company technician to repair your garage door, have your questions ready. We’ll be happy to answer them.
Below is a list of the most common questions we get from our customers. You may find the answer to your question below. If not, feel free to call us. We’re here to help
Why is my garage door making noises?
There are many possible causes for the noise your garage door is making. Some reasons include:
● The garage doors are warped, or they have some type of damage that keeps them from closing smoothly.
● The garage door hinges need to be lubricated or replaced.
● The ball-bearings on the rollers are worn out, or the rollers are not aligned with the track.
● Spring bar, drums, or cables are worn out, cracked, or broken.
Is it possible to professionally replace my old garage door?
The short answer is yes. There are some factors you will need to consider before you start the project.
● Why are you changing the door? What is the purpose?
● What do you want with the new door that you don’t have with the old door?
● Does the door you want match you overall home exterior design?
● Will the door fit properly? Will you need to purchase an entirely new system?
● What security features are you looking for?
How can I make my garage door more secure?
You have several options for securing your garage?
● Purchase a garage door without windows.
● Add your door to your current home alarm system.
● Add a coded keypad to your garage door.
● Reinforce your garage door with secure locks.
● Add security lights on the garage door and above the garage door outside.
Are there are any DIY jobs that I can perform on my garage door?
First, yes. There are some basic maintenance jobs that homeowners are capable of doing. For instance:
● Tightening up the hardware a couple of times a year. All takes is a screwdriver and a pair of pliers.
● Test the garage door balance. Use the garage door cord and disconnect the garage door from the opener. Lift the garage halfway up. If it doesn’t stay put, the garage door isn’t balanced.
● Clear out the tracks. Look for and remove any debris that may hinder the rollers from rolling smoothly.
● You can also apply lubricant to hinges and other joints.
Second, no. There are some repairs or part replacements that you should leave to a qualified professional. It is the only way that you know for sure the job was done right. Some garage door warranties only allow certified professional to fix repairs. Also, one mistake can damage your garage door. Although it’s possible to do the work yourself, it’s not worth the risk.
My garage door will not open. What is the problem?
This is hands down the most common question we get. It’s also one of the main reasons homeowners call us. The best way to determine why your garage door won’t open is to schedule an inspection with a Garage Door Repair Company specialist. We can assess the situation and make the necessary repairs.
Your garage door may not open for the following reasons:
● The photo eye or sensors are blocked.
● There is no power to the opener.
● The remote control is broken.
● Damage parts: springs, cables.
● The door is off-track.
Garage Door Repair and Maintenance in St. Paul, Minnesota
If you have issues with your garage door and need help assessing the problem, contact Garage Door Repair Company. We offer complete services for residential properties in St. Paul, Minnesota.
To schedule service, call us at 612-886-9606 today.