Broken Garage Door Replacement Minneapolis, MN
- Tuesday, 14 June 2016 19:31
Garage Door Repair MN
This week in Minneapolis, Minnesota we were able to help out one of our customers on a rental property. This particular customer was unsure whether repairing the existing garage door or replacing it would be the best option. We were able to give options on both repair and replacement, the customer ended up going with the new door option. It was apparent that the door had ran into something which caused it to go off track. There was damage to the cables, rollers and sections. Within 24 hours of the initial visit we had a brand new garage door installed. We replaced the existing garage door with a new Hormann, Gemini 2100, non-insulated, raised panel garage door. The trim on the garage door was also worn and the customer had mentioned he wanted it replaced so we were able to take care of that on the same trip. It can sometimes be a hard decision to replace your garage door, especially if it’s on a rental property. But the homeowner knew that the door needed to be replaced and completed the right way.
What to consider when looking for a new garage door?
When you have a company out for a new garage door estimate or Garage Door Repair, it can be difficult to know what type of product you may be getting. We have put together a list of some very important questions you should ask any company trying to earn your business:
- Are you Insured? (Very important question to ask, there are a lot of little 1 man operations that if not insured could hold you liable for any damages or injuries while on your property)
- What type of warranty do you offer? (It is always important to ask about warranties, you want to be able to compare apples to apples. For example if one company offers a 1 year warranty but another offers a 5 year, it can be presumed that the higher quality product would come with a longer warranty.)
- What is the R-Value? (R-Value is only important if you are concerned about the insulation of the garage. The higher the R-Value the higher the doors resistance to heat and cold is)
- Who installs the door? (There are many companies that use sub-contractors for their garage door installations. If sub-contractors are doing the installs is the warranty through the company or the sub? This can be a very sketchy situation if you end up needing service on your newly installed garage door)
If you’re looking for the highest quality service and Garage Door Installation, look no further than Garage Door Repair Company. We stand behind all of our installations with long lasting warranties, and we always install our doors in house. Customer satisfaction is our number one goal, to Schedule Your Free Estimate simply call 612-886-9606!
Broken Garage Door Cable Hugo, MN
- Friday, 29 April 2016 10:09
Garage Door Repair MN
There is nothing worse than waking up and getting ready for a busy day when SNAP! Your Garage Door Cable Breaks… Now your door is likely crooked, possibly hanging out of the tracks. There go all your plans you had made for the day right? This was recently the case for one of our Hugo, MN customers. Our customer called assuming their plans for the day were not going to happen, but we were able to rush out repair the garage door same day! The door was in need of a lot of work, we replaced the cables, bottom brackets, rollers and bent track and it now runs better than ever. The homeowner was also able to go about the day and resume the plans they had made. Not every problem has ruin the day, especially if you have a company that has your back!
Are Garage Door Cables Dangerous?
As most people know Garage Door Repair is not typically a DIY project. This is most certainly the case when it comes to Garage Door Cables. The cables are constantly under immense tension from the Torsion Spring System. With hundreds of pounds of torque, serious injury or even death can occur without the proper tools, and training. When a cable breaks the garage door often times goes crooked, we recommend you do not try to run the Garage Door Opener. This will only cause further damage to the door or opener which in turn will up your repair costs. Here are the most common reasons for a cable to break:
- Rust or Corrosion: Rust is the number one reason why cables break, slowly but surely rust will eat away the threads of the cables until they can no longer support the weight of the garage door.
- Fraying: Cables can also fray, this is less common but still happens quite regularly. It is important to check cables often.
- Broken Spring: A broken spring can also lead to a broken cable, when a spring breaks the weight of the garage door is often increased which causes more weight to rest on the cables.
Whatever the cause don’t let a broken cable ruin your day, be sure to call the experts at Garage Door Repair Company. We always offer Same Day Service, and our trucks come fully stocked to handle any problem you may have. To schedule simply fill out our online appointment form or call 612-886-9606.
Rusty Garage Door Wayzata, MN
- Thursday, 07 April 2016 13:38
Garage Door Repair MN
Minnesota winters can take quite a toll on garage doors, not only the cold weather but the amount of moisture and salt that gets on garage door components. Often times there is a low spot in the garage where water will pool. This is often on one side of the garage door, when moisture builds up and the garage door sits in it, rust typically will occur. This was the case for one of our customers in Wayzata, MN. Not only did the homeowner have a Broken Garage Door Spring, he also had a lot of rust that worked its way onto the bottom brackets & cables. The rust was eating through the bottom bracket and cable, if the spring hadn’t broken we would most assuredly have been out for a broken cable. Luckily we were able to get the Springs, Cables, and Bottom Brackets all repaired same day. The garage door is running better than ever, and our Wayzata customer couldn’t be more pleased.
Garage Door Maintenance
The Garage Door is the largest moving mechanical object in the home, and as such should be treated with regular maintenance. There are many moving parts on a garage door that should be checked/lubricated often. Here are some pointers to maintain a smooth operating garage door:
- Lubrication of all moving parts: Springs, Rollers, End Bearings, Opener, Center Bearing, Hinges
- Spring tension check: The door should stay up when fully open, should be able to stop half way up and balance, and should not weigh in excess of 5-10lbs at the bottom
- Safety sensor check: Every Garage Door Opener should now have safety sensors, they should be between 4”-6” from the floor, typically mounted on the track
- Opener Forces: Stick a 2×4 under the garage door, when your door closes if it does not auto reverse off the 2×4 your forces are too high. This could cause serious injury. Recommended forces settings are typically between 3-6
We highly recommend calling a professional for any Garage Door Repair concerns. Garage doors can be very dangerous if inexperienced or without proper tools and safety training. For all your garage door repair or replacement needs call the experts at Garage Door Repair Company. We always offer free onsite estimates to our Wayzata customers. Scheduling couldn’t be easier with our online appointment form or call 612-886-9606 today!