Broken Garage Door Replacement Minneapolis, MN
- Tuesday, 14 June 2016 19:31
This week in Minneapolis, Minnesota we were able to help out one of our customers on a rental property. This particular customer was unsure whether repairing the existing garage door or replacing it would be the best option. We were able to give options on both repair and replacement, the customer ended up going with the new door option. It was apparent that the door had ran into something which caused it to go off track. There was damage to the cables, rollers and sections. Within 24 hours of the initial visit we had a brand new garage door installed. We replaced the existing garage door with a new Hormann, Gemini 2100, non-insulated, raised panel garage door. The trim on the garage door was also worn and the customer had mentioned he wanted it replaced so we were able to take care of that on the same trip. It can sometimes be a hard decision to replace your garage door, especially if it’s on a rental property. But the homeowner knew that the door needed to be replaced and completed the right way.
What to consider when looking for a new garage door?
When you have a company out for a new garage door estimate or Garage Door Repair, it can be difficult to know what type of product you may be getting. We have put together a list of some very important questions you should ask any company trying to earn your business:
- Are you Insured? (Very important question to ask, there are a lot of little 1 man operations that if not insured could hold you liable for any damages or injuries while on your property)
- What type of warranty do you offer? (It is always important to ask about warranties, you want to be able to compare apples to apples. For example if one company offers a 1 year warranty but another offers a 5 year, it can be presumed that the higher quality product would come with a longer warranty.)
- What is the R-Value? (R-Value is only important if you are concerned about the insulation of the garage. The higher the R-Value the higher the doors resistance to heat and cold is)
- Who installs the door? (There are many companies that use sub-contractors for their garage door installations. If sub-contractors are doing the installs is the warranty through the company or the sub? This can be a very sketchy situation if you end up needing service on your newly installed garage door)
If you’re looking for the highest quality service and Garage Door Installation, look no further than Garage Door Repair Company. We stand behind all of our installations with long lasting warranties, and we always install our doors in house. Customer satisfaction is our number one goal, to Schedule Your Free Estimate simply call 612-886-9606!
Broken Garage Door Cable Minneapolis MN
- Thursday, 24 March 2016 12:20
Most people don’t realize that garage doors are the largest moving mechanical object in the household. Such a large mechanical device should be taken care of accordingly. Unfortunately, this is typically not the case. Recently in Minneapolis MN we ran across a door that was in need of a lot of work. Much of which could have been avoided by proper maintenance and Garage Door Tune Ups. This particular door had an excessive amount of rust, which inevitably worked its way onto the Garage Door Cables. The cables are constantly under immense tension and pressure. They are what hold up the hundreds of pounds of steel, wood or aluminum. As you can imagine it doesn’t take too much rust before the cables start to corrode, fray and eventually snap. When a cable snaps the entire garage door goes crooked, this is due to the spring tension shifting to only one side of the door. This was precisely the case for our Minneapolis customer, however we were able to come out same day and repair this home owner’s door in a matter of hours. We were also able to go over all the preventative maintenance the customer can do to avoid this scenario in the future.
Preventative Garage Door Maintenance
When it comes to garage doors there are many little things the homeowner can do to properly maintain the overall operation of the door. If your garage door is running poorly, or maybe its making loud noises or squeaking. It is time to call a professional and request a Garage Door Safety Inspection & Tune Up. Here is a list of just a few things preformed during this process:
- Lubrication of all moving parts
- Tightening of any loose nuts or bolts
- Inspect safety sensors, ensure they are set to proper height and functioning properly
- Re-Balance Garage Door Spring
- Reset Opener Forces, Limits
- Reprogramming of remotes as needed
- Check that opener auto reverse is functional
- Inspect Garage Door Roller Bearings
By having Garage Door Repair Company out to perform a Safety Inspection/Tune Up you will in most cases save money, by taking care of a small issue before it escalates into a major problem. If you are interested in setting up an appointment simply call 612-886-9606. Same day appointments are always available for our Minneapolis customers.
LiftMaster Chain Drive Opener Repair Minneapolis, MN
- Monday, 15 February 2016 16:07
Having a Garage Door that won’t open can be a major issue. Whether you are leaving for work or get the kids out the door on their way to school, a Malfunctioning Garage Door will quickly put a damper on your plans. This was recently the case for one of our Minneapolis, Minnesota customers. This homeowner was going to be on his way to work when suddenly pressing the garage door button no longer opened his garage door. After trying to do some quick troubleshooting the customer decided it would be best to have a professional take a look. This is where Garage Door Repair Company came in to play, we quickly within a couple hours had a technician onsite to assess the issue. It was determined that the gear inside the Garage Door Opener had stripped out. After going over all the repair/replacement options the customer decided the best course of action was to replace the Gear Assembly. Within 1 hour of our arrival we had this job completed and this customer on his way to work. Our customer was so happy to be on his way that he said he would definitely be recommending us to friends and family.
What makes a Gear Strip?
There are many reasons why a Gear on a Garage Door Opener may strip out. Many of which can be avoided with Annual Garage Door Tune Up/Inspections. This would allow a trained technician evaluate the overall health of your garage door to ensure peak performance at all times. Here is a list of the most common problems that cause Gears to strip:
- Broken Spring (Running your opener with a Broken Garage Door Spring will cause added stress to the opener and over time cause the gear to strip out)
- Worn out Rollers (Garage Door Rollers are the #1 cause to gears stripping, when rollers go bad they essentially stop rolling all together. Thus more or less dragging in the tracks which does no good to any aspect of the garage door)
- Broken Cable (if you notice your door is crooked or you have a broken cable refrain from trying to operate your garage door. Your door will only go more crooked and get jammed causing damage to the operation system)
If you are experiencing any of these issues with your garage door operating system, the pros at Garage Door Repair Company can help you! Always offering our Minneapolis customer free onsite estimates allows you to get a professional opinion at no cost to you. Simply call 612-886-9606 to schedule an appointment.